Thursday, June 27, 2013

Is it just me or is Neymar kind of a bitch?



I think like most people, I've gotten my first good look at Neymar over the past 2 weeks at the Confederations Cup. There's no doubting the guy's skill. He's quick, amazing on the ball and his finishing ability is top notch. But...he seems to have a "knack for the theatrical." There were a couple times in the Uruguay match yesterday that exemplified it. There was once or twice when he was really easily nudged off the ball and fell over looking for fouls. Another time he was "elbowed" and immediately hit the floor before rolling over twice on the ground. The last time I can remember was when, off a throw in, he tried to kick the ball up to himself before bicycling the ball upfield. But embarrassingly enough his first touch went off the side of his foot and right out of bounds. Of course, Neymar grabbed his hamstring in pain and fell to the ground before getting up 30 seconds later and resuming business as usual. I guess what I'm saying is he's going to fit in perfectly at Barcelona.

No comments:

Post a Comment